About early gdm logon

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 16:14:46 UTC 2005

Hi

>I use to go and grab some water while fc3 is booting at school

which is why fedora development is concerned about improving speed. see
bootchart.sf.net and linked discussions for earlier efforts

>. I do not
>want to leave my desk as a "sitting duck" while doing this, if i can't
>get a friend to watch the computer while i am away.

then you might very well choose to set up a locked screensaver by
default or simply login in and wait till it completes

>Another problem with the early-gdm-start thingy, is where do you display
>error messages - services that fail to start etc. ? Services failing
>silent are *BAD*.

good point. perhaps you should add comments to bugzilla.