kde 3.4

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 12:16:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 08:02 -0400, William Beebe wrote:
> I downloaded and built KDE 3.4, and configured my FC3 environment to
> use my version of KDE. I can switch back to the Fedora KDE simply by
> changing some environment variables. However, having said this, I much
> prefer the 'untainted' KDE desktop over the 'unified' look-and-feel of
> the Fedora/Redhat desktop. Is it possible for Fedora (in the future)
> to allow for an un-unified look-and-feel, not only for KDE, but for
> GNOME as well (to satisfy GNOME purists). I hate to hurt anybody's
> feelings in Fedora land, but I much prefer the full KDE look-and-feel
> over the unified look

I wonder when people finally give up on this and get real. So the
default fedora theme is not the same as the default kde.org theme.
BIG YAWN. Please stop moaning about something so trivial on this list,
if you want to moan about this slashdot is ---> that way.

Really what is all this fuss about? Is this just a "I want to be
different and run kde.org unpatched" feeling? To each their preference,
don't get me wrong, but please don't bother the rest of us with the
theme you like most. Do you have one tangible thing that the fedora KDE
gets wrong after you select your prefered theme ?