php5 with sqlite

Joshua Eichorn josh at bluga.net
Wed Apr 13 16:58:56 UTC 2005

Joe Orton wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 05:15:22PM +0400, Leonid Novikov wrote:
>

>>It is possible to build php with sqlite support?
>>
>>I have successfully worked servers on FC3 with PHP4+sqlite (from DAG repo),
>>and now sqlite officially in Core.
>>

>The PHP 5.0 sqlite extension only works with sqlite2; we're shipping
>sqlite3 in FC4, and I don't want to maintain the bundled copy of sqlite2
>in PHP which is doubtless missing e.g. all the 64-bit fixes between
>sqlite2 and 3.  Since there's an sqlite2 in Extras it makes sense to
>leave php-sqlite to Extras, too.
>
>Regards,
>
>joe

Having the fedora version of php not shipping with default extensions is
really going to create a lot of pain.  Its was added to php so that
there would always be a database that scripts could rely on without any
installation.  I realize that the sqlite guys aren't making things easy
releasing fully incompatible version of things.  But if someway can be
found to ship fedoras php with all the default php extensions it will
really reduce the pain of anyone who has to support php on fedora.
-josh