smart wants to downgrade gcc, why?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:14:05 UTC 2005

On 4/14/05, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> ???
>
> fedora-devel is about development of Fedora. Updates of FC3 are part of
> it, no matter whether a package involved is part of Core, Extras or
> elsewhere.

I feel asking 'why' a tool behaves a certain way is an end-user
question that other users of the tool can adequately explain in a lot
of cases on par with 'why do I need su -l and not just su'. This type
of question is very common in fedora-list and in forums and in irc.
I'm not content with watching all questions about basic tool behavior
being thrown into the -devel-list.

If you and other people want to discuss the more general question of
why mirror sync issues happen.. and what can be done to prevent them
or mitigate them in the future and the resulting trade-offs of each
technical approach to the problem.. then this list is far more
appropriate for that sort of discussion. But that wasn't the point of
the original post. Simple fact discovery of tool behavior is an
end-user issue.

-jef