Guide on RPM building released

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Mon Apr 18 15:12:57 UTC 2005

man, 18.04.2005 kl. 12.42 skrev Stuart Children:
> Firstly, thanks to Guru Labs for releasing this!
>
> Per Bjornsson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 23:14 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> >
> >>Only problem is, i can't get it printed - In acroread, it shows up all
> >>fine, but in ggv and in printout from acroread (piped through kprinter),
> >>many of the letters are completely messed up. Output of printer looks
> >>like "~~~~~"... Any ideas how to fix this? Hate on-screen reading :)
>
> I had the same problem with ggv on my FC3 desktop.
>
> > This happened in some versions of OpenOffice.org; the exported PDFs are
> > valid but the embedded fonts are too complicated for some PDF viewers to
> > deal with... Do you have Evince available? It seems to play ball, I just
> > tested it (didn't print the whole thing, but an export to PS looks
> > fine). Perhaps Xpdf in FC3 or higher can deal as well, Xpdf 3 is decent
> > at dealing with complicated font embedding.
>
> gpdf-2.8.2-4.2 on FC3 certainly seems to deal with it fine.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Stuart Children
> http://terminus.co.uk/

After doing some "debugging" i have found out that the error occurs
somewhere between acrobat and kprinter - if i click "open file" in
kprinter (where file is "/tmp/Acro000P9qPen"), i can see the same old
"~~~" where the text should be (in KGhostView).

So this is probably just acrobat producing borked output. Nothing to see
here, please move along...

But this also applies to ggv etc. - but here i can't even read it, its
full of strange symbols everywhere.

Haven't tried gpdf, then. I just havent got any great experience with
it... Ill try that (and dump bug reports at ggv and adobe)

Kyrre