Why No Spider Monkey in Elinks

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 19 16:21:39 UTC 2005

Ville Skytt? writes:
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 23:05 +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
>
> > official mozilla libjs (+ RPMS):
> > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/
>
> ...also known as the "js" package in Fedora Extras.

OK. So I have js-1.5-0.rc6a.4, however configure isn't finding it when I
try compiling elinks-0.10.3.

Is it perhaps a name mismatch? Isn't the Debian package libsmjs-dev
which elinks uses?

I'm not so clever that I fully understand the ./configure process, but
grepping through the various configure files suggests it's lpooking for
smjs, and I have nothing called that on my hd anywhere according to
locate.

Indeed, configure.h says undef, and features lists js as "no."

So, I'm not sure how to proceed.