prism54 not loading firmware...

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 22 01:10:40 UTC 2005

> Well I saw the firmware load exactly once.

Ah, that's right, probably actually loading the firmware once is a good
sign I hope. However...

>  I really don't know if it's
> a softmac one, here is LSPCI -v of it:
>
> 00:05.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Intersil ISL3890 [Prism
> GT/Prism Duette] (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: Intersil Corporation: Unknown device 0000
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 80, IRQ 185
>         Memory at 20000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
>         Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

Unfortunately knowing the PCI ID isn't good enough any longer, here's a
scary chart:
http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php
(Look at the "important disclaimer")

I don't have any of these cards so I'm afraid I can't really be of much
more help here unfortunately...

/Per