nfsv4 and kerberos in FC4

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Fri Apr 22 22:44:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 17:43 -0400, Alastair Neil wrote:
> Can someone point me to the status of nfsv4 and the kerberos RPSEC_GSS
> security flavours (krb5, krb5i,krb5p) in FC4?
>
> Thanks Alastair

I've used NFSv4 krb5 and krb5i on FC3 and I'd imagine there is no
regression with FC4.

The pieces that need work are:

* more stability
* keyring support working fully between userland the kernel to allow for
on demand ticket destruction

There are still quite a few patches being posted for NFSv4 and bits of
missing functionality like showmountv4 and the afore mentioned keyring
support (right now kdestroy doesn't un-authenticate NFS access).

A stable deployment might be had faster with NFSv3 + GSSAPI/Kerberos.
There has been some talk about it.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs