GDM early login

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Apr 25 09:10:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've tried the new GDM early login feature, it's really nice to get a
better desktop experience at little cost IMHO. One problem, though : After
just enabling the services included with gdm ("chkconfig --add" run for
the 3 included : gdm-allow-login, gdm-early-login and zzz-bootup-
complete), it wouldn't work until much further on as the X server couldn't
start because of xfs not running. Could this be because I added early-
login to my kernel command line but removed rhgb? If so, should this be
considered a bug, or are all users who use gdm supposed to also be running
rhgb?

Last question : Will this early-login be considered to become the default
for FC4?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Load : 0.12 0.24 0.31