java-1.4.2-gcj-compat uninstalls sun jre

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Apr 25 12:49:40 UTC 2005

On Lun 25 avril 2005 14:35, seth vidal a écrit :
>> what
>> >
>> > It "Provides: jre = %{javaver}" and that makes it a candidate for
>> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/111071
>>
>> Which is right at the rpm level. What an autoupdater like yum should do
>> with it is something there is no real consensus on, which is why I
>> suggested discussing it directly with Seth.
>
> What am I looking for here. I wasn't following this thread so I'm not
> sure what the complaining behavior was about.

Basically you have two (ok more than two) packages that serve the same
purpose (functionnaly the same, very different sets of bugs). Their specs
provide the same virtuals so people can chose the one they prefer (and
they are parallel installable)

On update of one of them yum removes the others.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot