Gcc4 (final)

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon Apr 25 20:00:35 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 15:57 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
> Is gcc4 being ported to FC3? If I rebuild libtool with gcc4, will that
> resolve the dependency (albeit after the fact).

I'm certainly not authoritative on the subject, but I'm pretty confident
that the answer is no.  One of the main reasons for putting out new
releases of Fedora rapidly is to prevent the desire/requirement to
backport everything to older revisions.  If gcc4 is something that you
require, you can quite likely recompile the SRPM on FC3 and it may work
ok (I don't know if there are any glibc rev dependencies or the like).
Of course, all of that is at your own risk, buyer beware, all of that
good stuff.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>