menu editing in gnome (fc4)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:04:17 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> Wouldnt it be nice to have smeg as an intermediate solution for menu
> editing in GNOME 2.10 for inclusion in Fedora Core 4  until you work on
> getting a even better one included upstream in next version?. I am
> pretty sure users would appreciate having convenient access to a menu
> editor even if they arent going to use it that often.

I suggest you try to get this submitted as part of Fedora Extras.  I
have a very strong feeling that stopgap measures are not things Core
developers want to spend time maintaining. But there is no reason why
you or someone else in the community couldn't maintain this as part of
Fedora Extras for fc4 and even into the future for other releases.

-jef