GDM early login

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Apr 29 16:37:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 10:07 -0500, Matthew Lenz wrote:
> better yet, why not have it read your brainwaves. 8^D ;)  actually
> thought that would be neat functionality.  It has nothing to do with gdm
> or early-login though.  Really its just xscreensaver + some other
> userspace app that does a xscreensaver-command --lock when your phone
> goes out of range.  you could do that regardless.  Doesn't keeping
> bluetooth running and communicating with your system suck the batteries
> dry pretty fast though? :)

I wouldn't want it to be constantly checking. I just want it to check at
certain times, and lock itself if my phone isn't present when it checks.

It should check after a reboot, and also after a suspend/resume cycle
(since it's a Mac laptop, suspend/resume works well enough that I rarely
need to reboot it).

--
dwmw2