How can I use boot.iso to install fedora if the network is fast but often breaks?

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 03:36:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I want to install a minimal fedora from rawhide so I downloaded
boot.iso from ftp. Following the instructions, it began to retrieving
stage2.img. I install it on VMware (an evaluation copy), so I can see
the transfer status in the status bar. The transfer stopped after some
time, but the Anaconda installer is not started. I think this is
because our network is not so good, and the stage2.img is not
downloaded completely.

Can we have a daily built rescue CD which includes stage2.img? That
would make things easier. I have to install fedora 4 use its rescue
CD, because of the network issue above.

Besides this problem I also noticed that different boot.iso can only
match the exact version of stage2.img. I have to download it again and
again these days :( If debian users can install their systems using
any version of boot CD, why cannot we have one...

--
bbbush ^_^