ioctl's and USB drives

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 18:38:05 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 23:19 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> So I assume it's the SCSI layer that is dropping these commands. Is
> there a way to work around this by patching hdparm or do I have to hack
> the kernel SCSI (emulation) layer to be able to send these commands?
>
> Leonard.

This may or may not work, depending on your hardware. You have a
controller that does USB storage -> IDE translation. There's no
guarantee that this translator will pass the appropriate ioctl() stuff
to the actual IDE controller/drive.

Then again, it might...  :-)

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com>