NetworkManager and nm-aplet placement

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 19:57:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 21:27 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> Why is nm-applet placed in /usr/libexec? It took me quite a while to
> find it and run it, as it isn't in $PATH...

Originally it was actually an applet,
like /usr/libexec/battstat-applet-2, that should only get run by
gnome-session, not directly.  Which is still pretty much the case, its
not meant to be hand-run after its been added to your session.  It's
debatable whether or not it should continue to live in /usr/libexec now
though, since its not a panel applet any more, but a notification icon.

Dan