tomorrows rawhide kernel.

Michel Alexandre Salim msalim at cs.indiana.edu
Sat Aug 13 22:11:13 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 15:19 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> Would this kernel be expected to work on an update FC4 environment (current
> FC4 but no devel)?  My Compaq r3000z has never suspended, and I'd like to
> see if this would do the trick.

You can try doing yum --enablerepo=development install kernel . It'd
pull in glibc, initrd, etc. needed by the new kernel, but those should
hopefully be stable enough.

> If it works, will this be pushed to FC4? (please?)

That'd be nice :) By the way, will be interested to know how it works on
your laptop, I have a similar model (HP L2000) with the AMD Turion
instead of Athlon 64, and it just panicked on me when suspending.

- Michel