tomorrows rawhide kernel.

Dumitru Ciobarcianu rhl-devel-list at lnx.ro
Sun Aug 14 09:29:16 UTC 2005

În data de Du, 14-08-2005 la 00:12 -0400, Rik van Riel a scris:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Dave Jones wrote:
>
> >  > Why not an swap file or just an regular suspend file?  [2]
> >
> > I never tested swapfiles, but it *should* work.
>
> Are you sure?
>
> I don't understand how the suspend software would be able
> to resume from a swapfile without first mounting the root
> filesystem (which upsets the ext3 journal state in the
> written out memory).

I don't exactly in the know of the innards of suspend2 but this is the
source that does exaclty that (suspend to file):

http://cioby.lnx.ro/suspend_file.c

(taken from the suspend2 patches so you don't have to download the whole
tarball).

--
Cioby