Now Seeking Guinea Pigs (Mentors)

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Aug 14 10:04:32 UTC 2005

Following recent discussions, the Mentors page on the wiki was created
recently.  It did little more than list where potential contributors
might go.  I have moved that information to the HelpWanted page, cleaned
it up, and created new content for the Mentors page.  As part of doing
so, I have started the list of volunteer mentors on that page.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors

If you would be willing to mentor new contributors to Fedora, please
consider adding yourself to that list.  Hopefully, having such an open
list will work out.  This will be a list that curious contributors can
select mentors from.  Please be careful and descriptive in your
listing.  Please keep in mind that if you are bombarded with requests,
you are free to remove your name from the list, but we need to try to
manage requests to keep that from happening.  As the list grows, if you
are getting more requests than you can handle, please try to pass
requests along to other, less-bombarded mentors rather than unleash your
wrath on new contributors.

I have posted this message to fedora-devel-list, fedora-extras-list,
fedora-marketing-list, and fedora-docs-list.  Please don't shoot me, we
need all the mentors we can get from every facet of the Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com