KDE RedHat project

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 21:12:02 UTC 2005

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've found this YUM repository aiming to replace the original
> Fedora/RedHat KDE with a complete version (will all important
> features enabled and lots of extra programs):
>
>   http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/
>
> KDE support in Fedora leaves much to be desired in terms of
> completeness.  Couldn't some of this stuff be merged with
> Fedora Core and the rest put in Fedora Extras?  Except for the
> few things with license or patent problems, of course.

Last I asked upstream KDE, many of the license or patent problematic
parts of KDE are not easily splittable into tiny loadable modules, thus
necessitating rebuilding large parts of KDE in order to enable them.

Nothing has stopped those developers from submitting spec patches to FC
KDE or additional packages to Extras if they don't have legal problems.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com