KDE RedHat project

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:46:33 UTC 2005

Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>
>> I've found this YUM repository aiming to replace the original
>> Fedora/RedHat KDE with a complete version (will all important
>> features enabled and lots of extra programs):
>

> I've looked at the web site, but there's not a lot of information there.
> What important features and extra programs am I missing?

It depends greatly on which os release you're using, but mostly adding
in dependancies from Extras, livna.org (and a few not in either yet) to
get extra features.  A short list (off the top of my head) includes:
* arts,kdemultimedia: multimedia goodies, since Fedora either legally or
ethically(non-opensource) can't/won't.  Examples, lame(mp3),
libmad(mp3), xine-lib support. (all thanks to livna.org)
* kdepim: crypto(gpgme/gpg-agent, see
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/136533), gnokii, libmal support
* kdelibs,kdegraphics: JPEG2000(jasper), OpenEXR support
* kdelibs,kdebase,kdenetwork: mDNSResponder support
* kdenetwork: openslp, meanwhile support
* kdebase: dbus-qt/hal support

-- Rex