Installation Issue

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sun Aug 21 04:47:38 UTC 2005

王在祥 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new guy for the Xen, and When i try to using Xen with Fedora 4,
> There is some trouble that stop me complete the work. Can you give me
> some advice? thanks very much.
>
> 1. I installed FC4 successfully
> 2. rpm -i xen-2-20050522.i386.rpm
> it report that it depend on bridge-utils, libSDL-1.2.so.0
> 3. then i execute rpm -i bridge-utils-1.0.4-6.i386.rpm
> it report it depends on libsysfs.so.1
>
> then i dont know how to do next, since i cant find any rpm file matach
> libSDL, libsysfs.so.1, So can anybody who already installed Xen with
> FC4 help me?
>
> also, the http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart page say:
>
> To run xen, you'll need to install the xen package as well as a xen0
> and xenU kernel packages. You'll also need
>
>    *
>
>       python-twisted
>
>    *
>
>       Using grub as your boot loader ^1
>       <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart#fndef-a19c5890cddc2023894d1611eee377ec13e2b613-0>
>

>    *
>
>       Probably something on the order of 256 MB of RAM with the
>       default setup ^ 2
>       <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart#fndef-96c245509a0c3f48d308dc15e0f56e54e57a4191-1>
>

> Then, you should be able to install the xen and kernel-xen0 packages.
> Once this is done, you should have an entry set up in your grub.conf
> to boot the xen0 kernel. Now, reboot into your new xen0 kernel ^3
> <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart#fndef-fbaafb82c5ea5a60a9567d7ffac2c17eb6f2d289-2>
>

> Is there any details on how to install xen step by step? as a
> beginner, i am not sure, where is the xen and kernel-xen0 packages?
>

> wangzaixiang

For starters, try using the following command to install the package
instead. I haven't tested this, so I'm not sure if you will run into
problems or not.

yum localinstall xen-2-20050522.i386.rpm

Hopefully, yum will be able to solve your dependencies and get you
going. Really, you should have little use for running rpm directly, as
yum will handle most package managing tasks in a better manner.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

www.n-man.com