Suspend2

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Tue Aug 23 23:32:27 UTC 2005

Quoting Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com>:

> I am pretty sure when it hits mainline kernel, it will be included in
> the development tree.

I'm sure that'll be the case. However, I wanted to do a bit of
preemptive testing and bug fixing here, given the popularity of FC. I'm
guessing this functionality is compiled out in current FC kernels due to
bugs in mainline suspend code, so suspend2 could fill that hole. I hope
I'm not the only person running FC on a notebook...

If you guys get this code into FC development kernels, more people will
test it, more bugs will be reported and everyone will end up happier
(I'm an eternal optimist, what can I do :-). Of course, if it turns out
that this thing is still more trouble than it's worth before the release
of FC5, it can simply be dropped.

Is my convincing working or should I go and cry in the corner for a
while? ;-)

> If there are additional enhancements that can done in user space or
> in integration efforts, feel free to file them as enhancements when
> it reaches rawhide

OK.

--
Bojan