Installing FC4 on a box when FC4 install kernel breaks HOWTO

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Wed Aug 24 10:14:57 UTC 2005

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 16:38 +0300, Pekka Pietikainen wrote:
>
>>Would be nice if this was somewhat easier and/or someone actually made
>>(semi-)official updated installer images available ;)
>

> That seems more complex than just updating the distro using
> anaconda-runtime.
>
> For building ftp://zeniv.uk.linux.org/pub/people/dwmw2/fc4-pegasos
> (which ought to be installable on Pegasos II and possibly also 32-bit
> CHRP) I just made sure the FC4 erratum kernel was fixed, then pulled in
> _all_ the updates and built a new tree. That saves a few hours of 'yum
> update' after the installation is complete, too.

I've tried rebuilding FC4 with the latest patches.

It works reasonable, however, the installer often stops during
the partitioning when the new partition table is written to disk.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk