Marvell 88E8053, sky2, and netdev

Nathan Grennan fedora-devel-list at cygnusx-1.org
Thu Dec 1 10:56:49 UTC 2005

  I have a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard. It includes a Marvell
88E8053 ethernet controller. From what I see online it seems the right
driver is the sky2 driver. I see hints that it was in the netdev.2
package, but seems to be missing from the netdev.3 package. Has it been
removed from netdev? Is it too unstable? Will it be coming back? Is
there an alternative?

  I would try using the netdev.2 packages, but the rpms are no longer
avaliable.

  I have also tried skge, sk98lin, and skfp. They seem to do nothing.

  I bought the Platinum over the F model so that I would have dual onboard
network cards like my previous MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard.