yum plugin suggestion or yum change?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Dec 6 18:32:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 19:18 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> There wouldn't have been any "bickering" in the first place if instead
> of insisting partial updates were the wrong thing to do people had
> admitted at once the real problem was lack of coders. There's no shame
> in saying you have no time/you're not interested in doing something.
> OTOH when you trumpet formal opposition to something, do expect people
> to argue with you.

Asking somebody to code it up isn't saying that it is right.  However
what we think is right shouldn't prevent others from producing code to
do it anyway.  Users can make their own choice.  Yum developers have
made the choice by not putting code for it in yum itself.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: