sky2 and hard drive performance

Nathan Grennan fedora-devel-list at cygnusx-1.org
Sun Dec 11 22:37:18 UTC 2005

Reuben Farrelly wrote:
> Why don't you email the sky2 driver author Stephen Hemminger directly
> about it at <shemminger at osdl.org> rather than here, as I suggested to
> you last time you were having problems with the driver?
>
> That way it will get fixed upstream by the guy who actually knows the
> card and driver code inside out, and everyone will benefit.
  I don't remember you suggesting that, but if you notice, I did send a
copy to him on the original message in this thread. I also send a copy
to John Linville who maintains the netdev kernel yum repository. I
thought others would be interested in this problem, since I am not the
only one using the netdev kernels, and probably not the only one using
the sky2 driver.