install problem with fc devel as of dec 10

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 16:13:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 21:33 -0500, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 05:59:17PM -0800, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
>
> > The main thing I notice is this dmesg output:
> >
> > audit(1134461372.947:68): avc:  denied  { execmem } for  pid=9577 comm="grub" scontext=system_u:system_r:anaconda_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:system_r:anaconda_t:s0 tclass=process
> >
> > I would think something would have been output to the gui or serial line
> > if grub failed to run/install.

Remember, anaconda runs in permissive mode.  So any "denials" are just
"this would have been denied", not "this was denied".  Mostly because
we're in a very strange environment and things would blow up horribly
otherwise ;)   But we have to have policy somewhat loaded as otherwise,
the file contexts aren't known to the kernel for setting the xattrs.

> No, selinux is interfering with the reboot because no contexts have been
> yet set for the system(?)

selinux=0 is needed because the policy package didn't have correct
requirements on things it ran in its scripts.  I've hopefully got that
fixed up today, but Chris saw something else weird when he tried an
install a little bit ago.  So we'll be taking a look at that.

Jeremy