Default cursor theme for FC5.

Laurent Jacquot jk at lutty.net
Tue Dec 13 20:28:15 UTC 2005

Le mardi 13 décembre 2005 à 13:38 -0500, Mike A. Harris a écrit :
> I asked in IRC but didn't get a response, so lets try this
> asynchronous thingie instead....
>
> In previous OS releases, the default cursor theme was called
> "BlueCurve" and was configured in host.def in monolithic X
> packaging.  In modular X, the upstream default doesn't configure
> anything or even install the default cursor theme files.
>
> My current running assumption, is that manually hacking this
> to be like it was before is the correct thing to do for now,
> however since I haven't seen anyone complain or file any bug
> reports, I'm wondering if we now override the cursor settings
> via Gconf or something else?

I was wondering why the cursor theme disapeared on my box recently
I tried manualy edit the /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/cursor_theme
gconf key but it ended with a half working cursor (mix between the theme
and the default).

> So:  Should the default cursor theme remain "BlueCurve", and
> if so, is it prefered that the libXcursor package supply the
> /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme file in by default and
> set this up?
#ls /usr/share/icons/default/index.*
/usr/share/icons/default/index.theme.rpmnew

# cat /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme.rpmnew
[Icon Theme]
Inherits=Bluecurve

restoring the file & relogging doesn't give me my cursors back..

> I'll update the package once I get some feedback.

I guess it's poor feedback, but if you have any clue how to make it
working..

--
Laurent