Fedora meeting Mono Half-Way

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:21:08 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, Patrick Barnes <nman64 at n-man.com> wrote:

> Benjy Grogan wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I know this topic has been mentioned over and over, and everyone is
> > irritated by it.  But why not meet the Mono project half-way?  Why
> > can't the hal-sharp and the dbus-sharp, and gtk-sharp add-ons be
> > included in the fedora packages?
> Patents

There are patents in Mono.  But what patent is there in a mono binding do
d-bus?  D-bus has no patent issues..  So a mono binding is just like a c++
binding, or a c binding.. or any binding.

I'm talking about including the mono bindings in Fedoro system libraries.

I can't see how there would be a patent in a mono binding for d-bus?

Benjy