bittorrent in core? what frontend?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:33:51 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com> wrote:
> Not sure but I think the one in core should be the simplest.  Click on
> a .torrent file and a nice little progress bar pops up to tell you the
> status and perhaps sits in the notification area.

I think notification area item is going to be pretty important.  Isn't
the whole point of a bittorrent client to act as a peer even when the
download is completed? If all people are doing is leeching and then
turning off their own torrent nodes that sort of defeats the purpose
of the peering concept.  I think you'll definitely want to continue to
inform the desktop user that the bittorrent node is still active and
is uploading to other peers aftger the download is complete. I don't
think you want that going on in the background without some visual que
to remind people.

-jef