"GUI gadgets", was: Fedora meeting Mono Half-Way

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 09:29:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 12:27 -0500, Paul A Houle wrote:

>     And don't get me started about all the GUI gadgets in FC and RHEL
> written in Python that "almost work"...  These things don't bother me
> since I just edit /etc/sysconfig,  but they certainly make Linux look
> bad in the eyes of novices.

As a maintainer of some of those "GUI gadgets"(*) I'd really like to
know what problems you have with them. It's not as if they were
faultless, but if there's something -- bugs or missing functionality --
which disturbs you, say what it is (and please put them into Bugzilla).
Badmouthing these tools in general ain't gonna help.

(*): system-config-date, system-config-nfs, system-config-samba,
system-config-services, system-config-users

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com