boot faster

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 12:23:49 UTC 2005

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

>>>Here is something that might be interesting:
>>>http://www.improvedsource.com/view.php/Linux-System/2/
>>>

>>Exactly which ideas do you think are worthwhile for default
>>configurations that Fedora developers should spent some time looking
>>at? I honestly don't see much in the way of generally applicable
>>speed-up ideas.
>>

>I dont really know. I found that document, I just shared what I found...
>I am not developper, but I use FC4 on my notebook (no dual boot).
>Booting the fastest would insterest me, and I just brought some
>ideas... :-)

Yep. Thank you for your interest. However the above link isnt much
useful for that. If you havent noticed yet the whole bootchart program
(http://bootchart.sf.net) came out of a challenge in Fedora to reduce
boot up time and it did have a good impact on FC4. As others have
pointed out this is a ongoing effort.

regards
Rahul