dbus-qt bindings

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Dec 19 17:13:22 UTC 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 10:40, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> As I was told KDE 3.5 does not use these bindings and KDE will not be
> making another major release until 4.0 (correct me if I am wrong) so the
> chances of anything getting rebased to the new bindings is very slim.  I
> stand by my thoughts that all the functionality that KDE uses (which is
> slim, mostly just talking to HAL) should just be rolled into IOSlave or
> whatever uses it and a point release made.  This was actually the
> suggestion that the Qt4 binding maintainer made awhile ago.

OK,  when we had dbus-qt  if i plugged in a usb drive  i was prompted to mount
the drive or ignore it  etc. this does not work now  that the support has
been removed.  so what was there while not perfect  and not being maintained
worked. but now  there is nothing.  i plug something it  i need to go mount
it by hand. when i saw that there was some newer bindings  i saw it as an
opportunity to get things back in.

I believe the next major release of kde will be 4.0 I guess its time to brush
up on C++

Dennis