bittorrent in core? what frontend?

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 19 18:38:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, December 19, 2005 11:52 am, Paul Howarth said:

> I've pushed an update to 4.2.2 earlier today. I'm not sure about
> disabling the "updated version" check. On the one hand people should
> only be updating the package using RPM, but on the other hand the alert
> will let them know that a new version is available, and that might
> prompt them to run "yum update" if they don't have automatic updates
> turned on.

Great.  I must have just upgraded a bit before your push.

As for the auto-update feature, the user already has utilities that notify
them when an update is available; why a special update notice for this one
little app?   Also, a naive user might not understand that they should
wait for the update to appear via their normal update process.   Also, an
admin might turn off the regular auto-updating for users and not know he
has to do something special to shut off this one app.

All in all, there are a lot of reasons that having a separate update
notification available for this app.

Cheers,
Sean