Too much time wasted installing fedora on raid1

Paul P Komkoff Jr i at stingr.net
Tue Dec 20 08:56:57 UTC 2005

Replying to Arjan van de Ven:
> > So, to boot without changing bios settings back and forth (or without
> > disabling 1st disk drive by any other means) it is nesessary to wait
> > while md1 raid1 resyncs, which can be as long as 2 hours (250GB HDD).
>
> I'm pretty sure that anaconda at some point deliberately did things to
> avoid that sync. So I suspect it got reenabled for a good reason...

There's nothing wrong in sync itself, but the order.
If /boot will be synched first then it will be safe to reboot as soon
as actual installation is complete (and root volume reconstruction can
happen later)

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
 This message represents the official view of the voices in my head