Too much time wasted installing fedora on raid1

Christof Damian christof at damian.net
Thu Dec 22 13:09:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:

> The same information is already available in the file system's own
> data structures; it shouldn't be necessary for the RAID layer to do
> that for itself.  _That_ kind of redundancy isn't what RAID is
> supposed to be about.
>
> But yes, there are always band-aids which can help to improve any
> design flaw.

I rather like the separation between file system and raid devices. It
gives more choice and makes both components simpler. Now I can choose
raid1+ext2, raid5+ext3, swap+raid0 and reiser+device.

I would rather like not to loose those options. Otherwise it would be
like combining "uniq" & "sort", because you could make one case work
better.

christof
--
Christof Damian