VMWare tools on Fedora Core 5

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Fri Dec 23 22:19:39 UTC 2005

William Lovaton wrote:
> So you managed to install the tools? How did that go?
> is it working good for you? did you see any indication
> of the progress? I just see that g-v-m crashes but
> other than that I don't see that VMWare tool are being
> installed... did you get some feedback on your screen
> or something? did you get a confirmation message that
> the tool were installed ok?

You guys could try the latest vmware-any-any patches from
http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/ to see if that solves your issues. Whatever
issue could easily be related to selinux, gcc stack protection or some
other thing and the any-any patches tries to take care of weird
situation like this. That said, i did not try installing FC5test under
VMware workstation.

The way to install tools in a linux guest, IMHO, is selecting "install
vmware tools", mount the cd in the guest, untgz and build the tools.
That should take care of the entire thing.

Hope this helps

/Thomas