kudzu illegal instruction at startup

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 09:31:41 UTC 2005

>What CPU are you running on ? Did you move disks between two
>different machines by any chance ?

The machine is a dual athlon Mp.
I previously installed fc5 devel and further updates on a vmware workstation
virtual machine on this host.
Then I dumped all files on a preformatted partition of this host.
Then with chroot, grub setup, dev files creation, mkinitrd re-run and other
conf file modifications I am able to boot natively in fc5.
I expected kudzu to help doing this reconfiguration....

>Do you get the same thing when you run it by hand from the command line ?
>If so, running it under gdb (with the kudzu-debuginfo package installed)
>should give you a backtrace of where the problem occured.

Yes it gives the same error.
I'm going to install  kudzu-debuginfo and let you know...

Thankls,
Gianluca