FC5 and Yum Plugins

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 17:30:16 UTC 2005

On 12/29/05, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> Then use a 3rd party repo that does not override Fedora Core or Extras
> RPMS. Yes, such a repo exists, but no, I still has no mythtv -- nobody
> stepped up to package it there. Any volunteers?

I don't think this is a technically correct statement anymore to say
that Livna doesn't override Core and Extras.  For example,  audacity
exists in both Extras and Livna, with different compile options
because of mp3 support issues, i believe. And i think the maintainer
of kdemultimedia-extras is working on a similar livna/extras
duplication arrangement.

This of course also makes the issue of protectbase on  by default more
difficult, because if applied to Extras it would concievable hold-back
packages with mp3 support in livna that duplicate extras.  And I
really can't imagine many users wanting that situation by default

-jef