FC5 and Yum Plugins

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:46:50 UTC 2005

On 12/29/05, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> None of those are "base" packages, but you won't find me complaining if
> livna took the Fedora sox spec file and added libmad-devel and
> lame-devel to the BuildRequires ... which would be a "base" package
> being replaced ...

"protectbase" doesnt mean "base"  if you look back at the original
post.. he added protectbase functionality to extras as well.

And if you wanted to turn protectbase on by default you'd have put
Extras in the protection pool... there is nothing stopping something
moving into Core out of Extras as part of a new dependancy for a Core
update.

-jef