Using yum to Update to Development

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Dec 30 05:05:47 UTC 2005

Andrew Stephen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to use yum to update one of my FC4 boxes to latest set of
> development packages. However it fails on a number of dependencies and
> I can't seem get around them even by installing them manually.  Is
> there any documentation outlining the steps on upgrade from FC4 to the
> development packages. libssl.so.5 and libcrypto.so.5 seems causing
> most of the problems.
>
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.5 for package: proftpd
> --> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 for package: proftpd
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libssl.so.5 is needed by package proftpd
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 is needed by package proftpd

Proftpd seems to be using older libs not available in the current
development tree. yum remove proftpd and try again. Kindly post to
fedora-test list for such questions in the future. Also see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/TestingGuide

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/