Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - COMPLETE LIST

Eric Warnke eric at
Sat Feb 26 19:46:51 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 01:08:09PM -0500, Chuck R. Anderson wrote:
>>>Possible without objections
>>>talk - protocol is getting old with IM
>>vi, ed, and ex are old too.  Should we remove them?
> Probably not. But removing telnetd wouldn't bother me.

I have not seen talk activly used in a decade, as opposed to vi that I
use daily.

Unfortuantly it appears that telnet and telnet-server packages are built
from the same rpm making the split impossible.

Eric Warnke                   Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
eric at                                      518-727-1523
GPG Fingerprint: E7C5 615B 2115 C9D9 7E75  5088 930B 91E5 218B 6259

'There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible, and wrong.' - H.L. Mencken