Fedora core 3 FC3 only supporting 4 serial ports Oversite or BUG

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Sat Jan 1 01:15:09 UTC 2005

All

I just installed FC3 from Redhat 9. I have a quatech multiport card with
8 ports.
Under redhat 9 there was no problem card was detect and I had ports 4 - 11.
Under FC3 the card is detected but the order of the ports is ALL messed up.
I am attempt to change the CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_NR_UARTS to 24.
I am recompiling the kernel now. I chose 24 to support 3 - 8 port serial
cards.

Is this a configuration bug or oversite or what is going on that my 8
port multiport
card is not supported that worked fine under redhat 9.

THanks,

Jerry