"vanilla" kernel closest to Fedora kernel

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Jan 2 09:56:57 UTC 2005

--On Saturday, January 01, 2005 2:48 PM -0500 Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com>
wrote:

> There is not a lot of patching in the Fedora kernel. 2.6.10 will run
> happily in the FC environment unpatched as the tmpfs selinux patchesare
> now in

It would be nice if each of the patches in the kernel spec file had a
comment explaining what it was for and why it was needed. (Pointers to
bugzillas for each would be adequate.) I've been afraid to use vanilla
kernels because I didn't know what those patches did and what would break
if I didn't have them.