some changes for (slightly) faster boot

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Jan 5 04:10:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 19:51 -0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I see you throw up that link on many discussions
> related to gconf but is someone working on that or
> plans to?

Not that I know of. That's why I keep posting the link ;-)
Someday someone will read it and say "oh, I should do that"

> I have also heard discussions about a fd.o system to
> replace this one
> (newconf?). has there been any progress in that front ?

D-BUS is moving along nicely, which would give you the basic building
block.

The "future gconf" described at the link I posted *should* be a fair bit
easier to implement than current gconf is, and less code in the end.

Havoc