rawhide report: 20050107 changes

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Fri Jan 7 14:59:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 08:23:00AM -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> One last question.
>
> What is "mostly pudding"?  It sounds like fun.
>
> kernel-2.6.10-1.1069_FC4
> ------------------------
> * Thu Jan 06 2005 Rik van Riel <riel at redhat.com>
> - update to latest xen-unstable tree
> - fix up Xen compile with -bk9, mostly pudding

Quoting from a subscribers-only (for the moment -- in under a week it
should be public) LWN article:

"Thus, in 2.6.11, the page table structure will include a new level,
called 'PUD,' placed immediately below the top-level PGD directory."

So, I think Rik's saying that most of the changes to "fix up Xen
compile with -bk9" are for adapting it to the new 4-level page table
support.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>