ssh X forwarding change in FC3

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Fri Jan 7 21:18:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 14:47 -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:47:39 +0000, P at draigbrady.com <P at draigbrady.com> wrote:
> > So can we change the upstream default back to what it used to be?
>
> How about you convince the upstream developers at the openssh to
> switch the default back, instead of laying the burden at the
> distributor level to customize this.  I don't think its reasonable to

  Though generally I agree it's a good idea to push stuff like this
upstream, based on the last discussion on this list with one of the
OpenSSH developers, I have to wonder if it's going to do any good in
this case.
  And based on Havoc Pennington's recent response to this thread, if
he's correct, then it's a silly default which should be reverted.  A
security measure which nearly *everybody* will need to disable is no
security measure at all.

-Paul "here's to hoping lsh will soon become functionally equivalent
enough to replace openssh soon" Iadonisi

(With apologies to Jeff ;-))

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator