Package suggestion: mysql tools

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jan 11 16:35:15 UTC 2005

--On Tuesday, January 11, 2005 4:16 PM +0100 Peter Backlund
<peter.backlund at home.se> wrote:

> Since mysql in rawhide is now 4.1, I'd like to see the inclusion of the
> mysql administrator (http://www.mysql.com/products/administrator/) and
> the mysql query browser (http://www.mysql.com/products/query-browser/).
>
> They are both written in GTK2 and are available under the same dual-
> licensing terms as mysql itself, AFAICS. The download page is here:
> http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

How do these compare to phpMyAdmin (http://www.phpMyAdmin.net/), which I
think most MySQL users are familiar with? (For those who haven't looked
recently, phpMyAdmin is now to version 2.6.1-rc2, and works quite nicely
with mysql-4.1 from Rawhide. Just unpack the tarball to your web document
root and edit config.inc.php.)