Fedora Core 4

Ralf Ertzinger fedora-devel at camperquake.de
Wed Jan 19 16:09:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:00:36AM -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Has smart helped you identify and report any rawhide packaging bugs?

It has helped me to use packages from a variety of repositories while
keeping said repositories from stepping on each others feet or overwriting
packages provided by FC. This is what I consider to be it's job, and
it is doing great at it. No other package manager has come close to that.

And just for the record: I read what it is trying to do before committing,
and I know that downgrading or suspicious removal usually means that there
is a bug somewhere.